Let's just take them in order of relevance shall we?
8. Scott MacIntyre - Well he took Paula's advice and got out from behind the piano this week - but sadly he replaced it with his "axe" Not good. He's grasping for straws now and I think America knows it. The only way he could make it to the end is if they give us back-to-back-to-back Musak weeks with Andy Williams as the permanent mentor. And, I know this is wrong, but can someone get the boy some sunglasses because the wandering eyes are making me uncomfortable!
7. Lil Rounds - For the last few weeks I have actually been forgetting all about Lil rounds until I see her up there behind the mic. And when she is there, its more interesting to see which wig she will be wearing then what song she is going to sing. Believe me, I wanted her to do well and I think she had a great chance (certainly the judges have been easy on her - constantly reminding America that she has a "great" voice) but I haven't been impressed with a single song she has done since her entrance into the top thirteen.
6. Anoop Desai - I had high hopes for Anoop as well - but he is becoming forgettable and boring. He puts more thought into his tie selection than his song selection. I liked the playful guy we saw in Hollywood week but he seems to have become bitter. Is it just me?
5. Matt Giuard - Another one that I usually forget about. He's had some good nights and this week was one of them. Stevie Wonder songs have been crushed by enough people for him to earn some respect for handling his so well. He should, for once, be safe this week.
3. Danny Gokey - What was up with the destruction of "Stand By Me" ??? Awful - and with that said he and his goofy grin should sail through to next week. I can't wait until the final 5 when we might finally get to see Danny sweat.
2. Kris Allen - I've been loving Kris since we finally got to see him perform in the semi-finals. But this week was .... weak. Maybe it was the awkardness of being in the middle of the "mosh pit" though. It didn't fair well for Matt last week either. Its just so contrived - who thought this was a good idea? A friend criticized last night that he's a combination of John Mayer and Jason Mraz ... as if that's a bad thing! Those are two of my fav's!! He's been the most consistant guy on the show so far this season. I am worried though that he might fall into the bottom three this week.
1. Allison Iraheta - Why aren't the judges swooning over this girl??? I hate that they told her she needs more personality. I think she's been great on personality. Cute, sweet, likeable but not overly confident (Glambert - I'm looking at you on this one); I think they really meant that she needs more controversy because that's what gets talked about at the watercooler (or email blasts) the next morning!
So who's it gonna be? We'll find out in ... oh, about an hour; well really about two hours because we will be forced to sit through a few group lipsyncs first - ugh - thank God for DVR's. Can't wait!