Tuesday, February 9, 2010

F M L

I imagine most of you have at least heard about the Epic snow the Northeast U.S. has been getting lately. I know it's nothing compared to the snow that some people get on the regular and I don't want to be that person that complains about something when it's not really all that bad. But after my morning commute ... I am officially complaining. My office decided to give us "liberal leave" so it was up to us to decide if we could make it in. If it were up to me I would have stayed in bed but my carpool buddy, Will, was the responsible one. He figured since we're getting another foot of snow tonight this might be our only chance to get some work done.

* Over-Achiever *

So I agreed to go. As usual, he drove to my house and planned to park in my husband's space and I would drive the rest of the way to work. I was sitting at the front window watching my moron sweet neighbor walk her dog down the luge that is our street when he pulled up. He clearly eyed the two spaces on either side of my car trying to figure out which one was ours and which one was our neighbor's. He then began the process of parking in said space and believe me it wasn't pretty. He almost ate it at least half-a-dozen times and there were more than a couple cars that almost went with him. Finally he made it and came up to meet me. He walked in the door -- we hadn't even made eye contact yet when he said:

"That's not Edo's space is it?"

"Nope"

"Are you F'ing kidding me?!?! @#$##*& @#@#$** $#%**(!!@&&*+"

I had to laugh but suggested that he just drive to work since he was going to have to move his car anyway. He reluctantly agreed.

He warned me that it had taken him 45 minutes to get to my house even though it usually takes only 10 so I knew we were in for an advetnure. We left the house with hopes that the main roads would be cleared even if the neighborhoods weren't.

We are fools.




An hour later we finally made it to the ramp onto Interstate 95 when the unimaginable happened. A driver, about 10 cars ahead of us, broke down ... in the middle of the road ... in between two 8 foot high snow banks ... ON AN OVERPASS.

My panic disorder kicked into high gear.

It was so ridiculous that I didn't even think people at work would believe us when we told them why we were so late. So I decided I would video tape the situation. Just then a driver from a few cars behind us decided to get out and investigate the situation. It was perfection. I eventually got to work but I still wish I had stayed home. We were stuck on that overpass for longer than me and my blood pressure care to remember.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the extra foot of snow we get tonight convinces the-powers-that-be to close my office. I don't know if I can go through it again.

P.S. Thanks so much for all the Happy Birthday Wishes!!

6 comments:

The Bee February 9, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

Makes me glad I'm unemployed! It appeared as though was heading for some bad words as your little vid came to an end.

Ann February 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

I imagine that Will probably was the first kid to raise his hand when the teacher asked a question when he was in school...lol

Anonymous,  February 9, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

Having lived in Vermont for a few years and dealing with 10 feet of snow at a time along with sub-zero temps for 4 months (at least) of the year, I hate snow. I don't care if it's 1 inch or 10 feet - it sucks. Complain away - snow complaints are always justified.

Veronica Lee February 9, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

Here, on the other side of the pond, we're dealing with the heat!! These few days have been exceptionally hot and everyone I know seems to be getting sick.

Buggys February 9, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

Go to my last post and go vote for Mike (Too Many Mornings) tomorrow is the last day.

Charm City Kim February 11, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

I can't believe you went to work! I've been "working from home" all week. I wasn't even going to bother trying to drive...

plus after spending 3 hours digging out my car, I wasn't able to have some a-hole steal my spot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP