Sunday, May 17, 2009

Out of Control Eye Lashes


Have you seen ads for this new Latisse stuff??? If not, here is what it claims to do according to their website:
"LATISSE™ solution is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker."

For those of you unfamiliar with hypotrchosis (and too lazy to click the link I gave you) wiki describes it as "the term dermatologists use to describe a condition of no hair growth. Unlike alopecia, which describes hair loss where formerly there was hair growth, hypotrichosis describes a situation where there wasn't any hair growth in the first place."
OK, I have no problem with that ... if I was born with NO eye lashes I might feel like a bit of freak in a Whoopi Goldberg kind of way. But how many people are there in the world with no eye lashes? Have you ever come across one? I know I haven't - and honestly there's a quick fix for that (one that I've personally used with great success - although it was on Halloween.)

But this product is not even being aimed at those few people with hypotrichosis. It's being aimed at me, and women like me ... women with average eye lashes. I mean, the spokes person is Brooke Shields for God's sake. If a former model and actress needs this product then surely the rest of us do, right? And check out some of their before and after shots. The lashes on that "before" picture look vaguely familiar. In fact, I think I look at them in the mirror every day! And I have a bit of a secret for you now ... I probably shouldn't let this slip and hopefully the Latisse people don't come and hunt me down for ruining their sales ... but I have a trick of my own for making my lashes look a little closer to the "after" picture every day. I think I can trust you not to let this secret go beyond our close circle - it's for readers of The Bee only... I use a new space-age product called Mascara. I know it sounds a little scary at first but trust me on this one.

Did I mention that, like any prescription drug, there are side effects to this stuff? Check it out, again according to their own website:

"May cause eyelid skin darkening which may be irreversible, and there is potential for increased brown iris pigmentation which is likely to be permanent. There is a potential for hair growth to occur in areas where LATISSE™ solution comes in repeated contact with skin surfaces. If you develop or experience any eye problems or have eye surgery, consult your doctor immediately about continued use of LATISSE™. The most common side effects after using LATISSE™ solution are an itching sensation in the eyes and/or eye redness."

Did you happen to catch the words "irreversible" and "permanent" and the mention of hair growth in unwanted areas? I know I sure did. So basically you have the potential to end of looking like this poor girl on an everyday basis. Tragedy. Trust me, stick with the mascara!

10 comments:

liza May 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Thank God I'm lucky to have thick and long lashes I wouldn't need latisse, lol. ;)

TFS! Have a great week ahead.

Veronica Lee May 17, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

I hardly have any lashes! Maybe I would need latisse!

Nancy McCarroll May 19, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Thanks for the heads up; did you use latisse NOT on Halloween?

B May 19, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

You are beyond new age using mascara to achieve your "after" picture. You are now my idol and I shall watch you close and try to reproduce your awesomeness.

WorthlessOpinions May 20, 2009 at 1:15 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
WorthlessOpinions May 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

I can't tell you how many times I've ever thought or said "Damn! Check out that girls lashes...."

Never.

The Blonde Duck May 20, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

We'll have both--bacon cheeseburgers and turkey burgers with bacon!

Buggys May 31, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

I think I love these comments! Recently I received the "Lovely Blog Award" and was asked to pass it on to sites that I feel are deserving. I have chosen you as one of the recipients. Please visit my blog to collect your award.ounal

Anonymous,  June 1, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

Wow! Latisse sounds kinda scary! I have to admit, I've used an eyelash conditioner, and loved what it did to my lashes. I tried Revitalash (reasonably priced) and had longer AND curlier eyelashes in about 8-9 weeks. I didn't have any of the side effects you mention in your posting on Latisse. I'll stick to what works...

Jaclyn,  June 18, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

Isn't this the stuff they used for glaucoma patients and realized that they were getting great lashes... "I can't see but my lashes are great" spoken like a true woman!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP