Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Back Yard "Before"

As promised I have finally uploaded some pictures (well .... one picture) of my back yard "before" the transformation. There are a few key items that I wanted to point out in fear that you would miss the best bits.

A: This is a lovely example of the overgrown madness that was left by the previous owners. This was originally one half of a matching set until ...
B: The second half fell over under its own weight.
C: These are some super cute flower pots generously purchased by my mother-in-law on her last visit from Holland. She and my husband took a trip to Home Depot one day while I was at work and I came home to a pansy delight in the back yard. It was great - but as previously mentioned we are lazy people and it didn't last long. Notice the total lack of flora currently in the cute pots.
D: We purchased these hedge clippers during our first spring in the house - if only we had used them we might not have been in this mess.
E: Can you believe we recycle? GO EARTH!! :)
F: This DRUM can is my husband's main contribution to the outside decore. Notice the rust (perhaps he thinks this makes it an "antique").
SIDE NOTE: While adding the labels to my photo I was overwhelmed with the most amazing feeling that I was just like Bill Cosby in Picture Pages. If only I had the magic musical pen it would have been an 80's dream come true! (The addition of some slouch socks and a slap braclet would have sent me over the top!)


4 comments:

Unknown May 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Just wanted to leave you some blogger love from one SITSta to another. Awesome blog, and I have faith in your new patio!!

Buggys May 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

I Don't think this picture does justice to the chaos of your backyard.

WorthlessOpinions May 20, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

I love Bill Cosby, R.I.P.
He's dead isn't he..? Oh well, R.I.P. anyway.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP