Thursday, May 7, 2009

Iatro-tele-phobia

Iatrophobia is the fear of doctors, or of going to the doctors. I definetly do not have this fear. Infact, I pretty much have a frequent-flyer card at each of my many doctors' offices. As far as I can tell there is no offical name for a fear of television, so for the sake of this discussion I'm going to call it ... telephobia. Not very creative but it gets right to the point; I dont mess around when I'm coming up with innovative scientific terms of the future - this is a 'no fluff zone'. However, I must say again, I definitely do not have a fear of television.

So get to the point right?

Okay, what I do have is a fear of doctors on television. Am I alone here? It's not that I'm going to cry if someone turns on "Grey's Anatomy" or black out if I accidentally flip past an episode of "Scrubs" while I'm looking for The Weather Channel (that one was for you Will). But if I watch too many episodes of something like "House," which is unfortunately one of my favorite shows, I will most likely have horrible nightmares and unavoidable panic attacks about how the bruise on my toe must be gangrene and I'll need an amputation - STAT!

Please tell me I'm not the only person that suffers from Iatro-tele-phobia.
Where are my peeps?



"You know what happens when you make a speculation - you make a spec out of you and ... some guy named lation."
~Gregory House

2 comments:

Clarriscent September 2, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

LOL that's funny. House MD is a great show though. Can't wait for the next season.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP