Friday, December 4, 2009

The Final Countdown ...

For the last two days on my way to work I have been witnessing the most bizarre sequence of road signs displayed. I will now share with you the progression as I have seen it and I challenge you to explain it.


(fyi -these are not photos of the actual signs I saw - I'm not that good)
_________________________________________________

These signs are being displayed on US Route 100 in Maryland. US Route 1 is a few exits down from the stretch I usually drive but it is NOT a major highway. It has traffic lights - it's nothing special. On top of that, 2 exits before it is the Baltimore-Washington Pkwy, THAT is a major highway; and 2 exits further down is freaking Interstate 95! Why did the road workers feel the need to remind everyone how far they were from Route 1?



________________________________________________
If that wasn't strange enough - less than a mile down the road we get this sign.

WTF Thanks for the countdown?

Is this some new program I'm not aware of?




_______________________________________________
Seriously - is there something you should be telling us here? I mean, since when is 6am on a Thursday the prime time for drunk drivers? I think most people are fairly conscious of looking out for dangerous drivers on the road but is this really the time and place for the sign?





______________________________________________
O-K ... Maybe I should move.
Is this what my tax dollars are paying for?
Was there just an over abundance of prisoners on work release this month - just trying to keep them busy? Or are the 911 operators bored and looking for someone to chat with?

4 comments:

Julia December 4, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

I'm sorry, but that's hilarious! At least you're not bored on you're way to work, what with keeping an eye out for RTE 1 & drunk drivers!

Buggys December 4, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

Kind of like those silly,progressive signs in the Crofton neighborhood that read "if you lived here, you'd be home now".
Yes, I think they are playing a little light hearted with the work release guys!

Ann December 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Well isn't that interesting. I only get to see the same old boring sings day after day. So when you call 911 what are you supposed to tell them?

Unknown December 9, 2009 at 3:26 AM  

This is so funny and very very strange.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP