Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Poor Telly Monster

I can't believe that Christmas is next week. More than that, I can't believe my trip is next week and I am so not ready.  I don't even know if I have my suitcase. I did my final shopping this weekend for some little gifts for neices and nephews (of course when I got home my husband reminded me that I forgot about one so I need to go out again. ugh.) I think I'm going to need an extra suitcase just for the presents. Is that crazy?

I also bought a new scarf and gloves for myself.  Amsterdam easily beats Seattle for the wettest weather ever and this time of year it's freaking freezing. On top of that - we do a ton of walking while we're there, so I need to be prepared.  My winter coat is navy blue and the scarf I found included several shades of blue as well as green and purple. Then I found a pair of purple chenile gloves to match - super cute!

I couldnt wait to wear my new acceseries to work Monday morning - but things quickly took a turn for the worse. By the time I got to the office, my super cute purple chenile gloves has shed purple fuzz all over my navy coat.


It looked like I murdered a muppet.

I'm hoping this is only because they are new. Do you think if I run them through the wash it will help?

5 comments:

Liz Mays December 15, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

That's funny! My daughter had a chenille sweater which did the same thing all over her seat belt strap!!!!

Anonymous,  December 15, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

I'm thinking they will shed till they're dead....Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Ann December 15, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

I'm with Grace. I had a chenille sweater that I loved but hated wearing because it always shed all over whatever else I had on.

Staci December 15, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

The wash could shrink them.

If it makes you feel any better, in high school I went to Six Flags in a brand new pair of red shorts. I then rode that water ride with the big round boat thing where you go down the ramp and get splashed to death right at the bridge. (Sorry, can't think of the name.) Anyway, the new red shorts dripped red water down my legs for the next hour, turning my socks pink and I'm sure causing quite a few people to think I was bleeding from some not-so-nice places.

In other words, I'd take murdered muppet over bleeding shorts any day.

JessicaHarley December 16, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

wash it.. but wash it with towels or something not your regular clothes..you don't want to look like a purple muppet with everything you wear

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP