Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reindeer Games


After Christmas dinner, several of the members of my family decided it was time to play a game. We had too many people for cards (which is what we usually do - spades or canasta etc.) so we pulled out Catch Phrase. Unfortunately we had an odd number of players and needed one more person to even out the teams.  I was yelling for my cousin Jessica to come in from the other room and play with us but she was not having it. She wanted no part in the game (I still don't know why though.) After about 10 minutes of waiting for her to just give in and come play with us my Aunt Stacy hatched a plan. It was short and sweet and to the point. A "no frills" kind of plan which is just the kind I like.

"Let's duct tape her to a chair."

After her suggestion, which was kind of said in a joking manner, my sister and I looked at each other ... then looked at Stacy. No words were exchanged but we knew we were in.

One person got a suitable chair, one person found the duct tape and one person went to tell Jessica that we needed her for something.  Moments later hilarity ensued. It took several of us to keep her down long enough to get a good "Wrap" but, as you can see, we succeeded.

Once she stopped struggling and accepted her fate she asked,

"What is this for?!?!"
"We wanted you to play Catch Phrase!"
"... Well I'm still not playing."

Ugh. We ended up getting someone else to fill in the extra player but it just wasn't the same.

2 comments:

Buggys January 3, 2010 at 7:27 PM  

Maybe we all need to grow up but this was some fun stuff!

Anonymous,  January 4, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

Ahhhh ... priceless

Aunt Stacy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP