Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yet Another Reason...

That Kara DioGuardi is a bane of my existence.

You guys already know that I am and a huge fan of crappy television so get ready for some crap-tastic posts because it's that time of year again...American Idol is back!

Last night was the Season 9 opener and I was pretty unimpressed with Boston's offerings. But the most disturbing part of the show was the segment on a young man named Andrew Fenlon. Am I upset because he was rude to Simon? Or because he was "angry" with Kara? Or because he was a weird guy with weird glasses?

No. I am upset because Fox thinks we are all morons. But in reality, the moron is Kara.

This guy was clearly a fake. He was putting on a show - acting like a strange, weird kid with a strange brown shirt, a goofy haircut and weird too big glasses. He acted like some kind of an outcast. ACTED being the important word here. Take a second look people - this guy is totally the captain of the football team, homecoming king and all that jazz. He's a good looking guy under those glasses and I'm not the only one that noticed. Skip to minute 1:18 on the video and you'll see that even Kara and Victoria Beckham thought he was cute from the second they laid eyes on him ... notice Kara's "Hel-lo" when he walks in the room. That's not just any hello ... we know what that hello means Kara. It means you want to cover him in honey and keep him in your basement.

But then he takes his act too far and gives unnecessary and unfunny responses to Simon's questions and it's downhill from there. Even after giving a great performance ... yes, I said it ... a GREAT performance. Re-watch it people (he starts singing at 2:18.) Yeah his voice cracks once or twice in the beginning but no one is perfect and he was nervous or maybe it wasn't the best song choice or whatever but that was a pretty brilliant vocal (for me, for you, for me.) And I think the judges realized it too. But unfortunately for Mr. Fenlon the resident brain surgeon, Kara DioGuardi, was the first judge to put her two sense in. She freaks out about his "fake" attitude and it was all she wrote.

Now, I'm not sure if Fox put this kid up to it or if he thought of this shenanigans on his own but either way it was stupid. He or they or whoever are idiots for thinking the audience wouldn't see through it. Kara is apparently the only one stupid enough to fall for it.

Can I get an Amen? Please tell me someone else was on to this guy!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_rCDjDi8wA

5 comments:

Buggys January 13, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

AMEN! I didn't see him last night, I was in and out of the room. And the acting was even't well done.

Anonymous,  January 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

I don't really pay attention. My husband was watching it and he mentioned something about the guy looking different when he walked out of the audition room...

Unknown January 14, 2010 at 4:07 AM  

I don't watch American Idol....ummm...I just wanted to say hellooooo)))))))

Unknown January 14, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Um, my wife and I thought he was Clark Kent, and we were really disappointed when he didn't take those glasses off and started singing like a superhero. Yeah, we really do need to get out more.

Unknown January 14, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

i haven't watched tuesday's yet and the video you posted isn't up anymore...grrrr.

I love this show too, but the auditions are old to me...lets get down to the real singing and stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP