Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

I've been avoiding wearing black pants for the better part of a month now because my black summer work sandals completely fell a part. My husband even tried to super glue them back into shape but that only lasted one day and they were trashed again. It was a sad day when I threw them in the garbage. I went to the mall and tried on every pair of black sandals I could get my hands on but nothing was even wearable. I finally caved and spent an ungodly amount on a pair of Dansko shoes. But it was money well spent! Dansko is a company from Denmark that pride themselves on making shoes that are not only attractive but actually comfortable to wear all day long. Hard to imagine I know, but I swear they really are. If you're on your feet a lot or have trouble finding comfortable shoes I seriously recommend them.

In other happy work news, I got a fabulous surprise in my in-box today. Part of my job as a legal case manager for personal injury claims, is to collect medical records from all of my clients' treating physicians; this is an incredibly time consuming and thankless task. It normally requires months of letter writing and phone calls not to mention a sickening amount of money. Can you believe doctors actually charge us $30 just so we can get a copy of their bill - that's just shameful. Last week I called a chiropractor's office to follow-up on a request I sent a few weeks ago. The guy who answered the phone didn't know what I was talking about but said he would pass my request on to the "girl" that handles it. The next morning I had a voicemail from the doctor himself - asking me to call him on his cell phone and let him know exactly what I needed. Sweet. So I did - only got his voicemail though. Today I had a big stack of records with the itemized bill attached! Woohoo :) There was also a small white enveloped clipped to the front with my name on it. I had no clue what this could be - when I opened it up it was better than Christmas morning; he sent me a gift card for Godiva chocolate! What?? I wish this guy treated all my clients!
I considered calling him on his celly to thank him for the gift but then I thought that might be kind of weird. It made me feel like we were dating or something. Not that I would mind. I could use a nice sugar-daddy and I suppose a doctor that doles out Godiva would be good enough to fit that bill. (I'm easy people) I'm now considering putting-out on the first date. Wonder what my husband would think ...

6 comments:

Lin July 6, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

Why do nice gestures and nice people have to stand out to us??! Isn't that sad? It seems like everyone is crabby and difficult to deal with and here is this gem!! How nice! Yea for nice people!!!

Andrea July 6, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

Great shoe choice!

Lucky you for running into someone kind and somewhat generous. I'm betting your husband wouldn't like having a sugar daddy. But, maybe the doctor could just keep you supplied with chocolate!

Buggys July 6, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

Makes you feel all happy when you come across nice people doing nice things.
Great shoes girl! Are you becoming another shoe queen???

Liz Mays July 7, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

My kids' doctor charges an annual administrative fee for recordkeeping and it's $25. We go there ONCE a year. That's just straight up BS.

Veronica Lee July 7, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

Great shoe choice! I'm with Lin.

Mike's Blog Marketing Tips July 7, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

"I could use a nice sugar-daddy and I suppose a doctor that doles out Godiva would be good enough to fit that bill. (I'm easy people) I'm now considering putting-out on the first date."

BAD BEE! BAD BEE!

LOL!

Hope this finds you well.....apparently so...lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP