Thursday, July 2, 2009

Top 10

Andrea over at Not Rocket Science has bestowed upon The Bee a Blog Award.
Thanks Andrea!

I'm supposed to write 10 things about me that my readers may not know. Since I'm pretty sure that its mostly just my mom that reads the blog this is gonna be tough. I think I'll modify the theme a bit and offer up 10 of my Guilty Pleasures which will mostly include trash TV shows that I can't get away from. Let's take this alphabetically shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) America's Next Top Model - for some reason I cannot tear myself away from this crap. I think it's basically Ms. Jay that keeps me tuning in. How can you not love him? (or her or whatever)
2) American Idol - Yes I know people love to hate this show and I know that although it may not be "rigged" exactly there is definitely producer pushes for specific contestant and even Simon admitted this season that they don't put the best singers through to the finals. I guess I'm a sucker. side note: Alexis Grace was robbed.
3) Anime - NERD ALERT !!!
4) Big Brother - the new season is starting this month and I can't wait! Unlike some other reality shows this one actually takes some intelligence to win. I know people are cringing as they read that but I swear it's true. Luck will only take you so far on this one. Someone back me up on this.
5) Blackbelt TV - This is a recent addition to my cable line-up and I've fallen in love. My husband is really the one that turned me onto kung-fu movies so I have to give him all the credit. Nothing would make him happier than to die and be reincarnated as Jackie Chan (specifically "Drunken Master" Jackie Chan.)
6) Fox Reality Channel - Have you noticed a pattern here?
7) G4TV - It was shows like Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke and their incredible popularity (however underground it may have been) that lead to the less than stellar copycat shows on ABC: Wipeout and I Survived a Japanese Game Show. Don't get me wrong, I'll watch both of these shows if I catch them on, (in fact I'm quite a fan of the I Survived... which even has the same host as Bonzuke) but they are nothing compared to the originals.
8) Jon & Kate Plus 8 - I know there has been an awful lot of hoopla surrounding this family recently but I was a fan way before the "separation heard round the world." I've been less interested lately; I watched for the kids not for the parents. How can you deny a face like that? side note: I harbor a secret desire to have Asian children. They're just so damn cute!
9) Kid Nation - I tuned in to this one out of pure curiosity and quickly got hooked. I'm not expecting a new season anytime soon. Too bad though - these kids were pure gold; Jared was born to be a star.
10) Obsessed - Not sure if this one is really a "guilty pleasure" something about it being on A&E makes me think its high class. Then again, Gene Simmons: Family Jewels is on the same channel so there goes that theory.

4 comments:

Lin July 2, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Bee, that's some scary sh*t there, pally. I think you need a TV intervention or something!! I'm not much better, as I find myself loving the likes of Survivor and Real Housewives. Ick. Guilty pleasure is right!

The Bee July 2, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

Ha! For real. It would be much harder for me to come up with a list of 10 shows I like that AREN'T horrible. I totally sweat Survivor too btw. I didn't think it was as bad as the other on the list though so you're still safe in my eyes.

Andrea July 2, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Great idea - top ten shows. Not a fan of the Housewives of NY/NJ/Orange County? No matter what, I always wind up watching that show - I hate it, but I love it! And Wipeout.....I absolutely can't turn the channel!

The Bee July 3, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

OK fine you ripped it our of me. I totally watch Real Housewives too. But I'm not gonna cry if I miss it or anything. But their baby-spawn NYC Prep makes me want to vomit. Have you seen those kids???

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP