Monday, November 23, 2009

Strawberried Peanut Butter

I wanted to offer you my thoughts on New Moon today but I need to get it straight in my head first. So I thought instead I would offer you my thoughts on the candy I ate while watching New Moon. We all know that concession stand prices are out of control; we all bitch about health care price gouging but this is were those of us on "Main Street" are really getting screwed. Seriously. The cost of popcorn alone at the movies is more than my last co-pay.



Since my husband and I are brilliant, and since we had to stop at the store anyway, we picked up some candy while we were there. I was scoping out the rack for some Reese's Sticks (because they are like little packages of gold) but couldn't find any so I decided to just settle for anything with peanut butter. I saw some peanut butter m&m's and grab them. It wasn't until we left the store that my husband made a disgusted face and asked how I could eat "those." I was taken a back at first but just thought it was because he is a weird foreigner.



NEWSFLASH: Dutch people (and possibly all europeans) think we are freaks for thinking that peanut butter is candy. Peanut butter and chocolate together is just totally strange to them. I made his mother try a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup last year when she was visiting us and she totally didn't understand it. Their candy of choice ... wait for it ... black licorice. I truly feel sorry for them.



He eventually pointed out to me that these were not peanut butter m&m's but rather "Strawberried Peanut Butter." I had never heard of such a thing! But decided it would probably taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a chocolatey morsel of candy coated goodness and I was all for it.



Let it be known that they were fabulous and I would not only buy them again if given the chance but highly recommend them to all I know.

4 comments:

Staci November 23, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

So did it taste like PB&J? I think the strawberry would have scared me off, unless of course I had bought them like you did by accident and was determined not to waste the money.

When I'm on a peanut butter kick, I always go for the Reese's Pieces.

Buggys November 23, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

I bought a bag of them once, on purpose. It was something new and I had to give 'em a shot. I thought they were ok though i wouldn't seek them out again.

The Bee November 23, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

@Staci - they totally tasted like PB&J. I thought they were a pretty damned good accident.

@Buggys - Maybe the difference is that you bought them on purpose expecting them to be super and so you were let down. Like Staci pointed out - I bought them accidentally so I had nothing to lose!

Unlikely Oilfield Wife November 25, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

I've seen these in stores, and they really did seem disgusting. Glad to hear your review, I will try them now. And if they suck I will blame you for forever ruining my palate to candy. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP