Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yeah, He Stabbed Himself ... What? Like you Wouldn't?

Three skinheads or Hispanic males dressed in black tried to rob an innocent 29 year old male on his way to work at Blockbuster Video in the Denver area Monday night. According to the Denver Post the man had deep stab wounds to the lower leg requiring several stitches. Multiple police departments set up a perimeter to find the assailants. They even brought in a K-9 unit. But, no luck. After some suspicious camera footage from the local Target popped up, the young man eventually confessed.



Yes folks, he had stabbed himself in the leg because he didn't want to go to work.


Now clearly this was a terrible waste of the Police Department's time and tax payers money. But admit it - you've thought of doing the very same thing ... probably more than once. I know I have. In fact, if I was sure I would get away with it, I would do much, much, much, much uglier things to get out of work.




What makes it even more understandable - the guy worked at BLOCKBUSTER. Speaking from personal experience here, I'd take a day in the ER in a hot second over a day listening to people bitch about late fees. I haven't worked there for several years now, but I still have nightmares about the night Titanic was released and we stayed open until 2am for all the nut jobs that pre-ordered it. Seriously. And don't get me started on Y Tu Mama Tambien (I know half those assholes only rented it so I had to struggle through pronouncing the title when I told them the return date.) What makes me really sick at myself is the fact that in this picture of Adam Brody, I could tell instantly that he was in the Action section of the store b/c of the Clear and Present Danger cover box on the floor.
FML

5 comments:

Jude November 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Okay that was just weird and the man is 29, oh crap what a loser. I may have wanted to stab someone else in my life, but I hate pain so stabbing myself is out.

Julia November 4, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

I just found your blog and that was quite possibly the funniest post I've ever read!

Buggys November 4, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

Oh but I really miss getting to watch all of those movies...pre-release. Being able to call you at work to bring a movie home *sigh* The good old days!

The Bee November 5, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

@ Jude - 29 indeed. My questions is, Why didn't he just call out sick? Wouldn't that have been far easier and less painful.

@Julia - Thanks Julia, glad you enjoyed it!

@ Buggys - I know, sorry lady. Now you're stuck with Netflix like eveyone else.

Devilish Southern Belle November 5, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

I heard about this! How bad must your Blockbuster job be to want to go to all that trouble for a "creative" callout excuse?

I just came over via Cute As a Buggy's Wordless Wednesday post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP