Saturday, June 27, 2009

KILLING the Spirit of Baltimore

Last night my husband and I went to see Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore. ((For those of you unfamiliar with the game and its music I have added a sampling to the sidebar for your listening pleasure)) I had two very good reasons to be excited about this; #1 my husband is a huge gamer-geek and is totally into the Final Fantasy series, #2 its a guarantee that there will be plenty of people there (and when I say "people" I really mean 'guys that are somehow simultaneously sporting bald spots and adolescent squirrely mustaches') dressing up as their favorite FF character. Now, I love my husband but seriously #2 was by far the more appealing reason. I had very high hopes for the pictures I would be able to share with you. This was going to be my greatest post ever; award winning no doubt; people would cry over its fabulousness, mass hysteria would ensue. This post was going to give the world a reason to forget all the high profile celebrity deaths of this past week. MJ who?? To my great disappointment I did not see a single costume last night. What happened?!? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baltimore, where's your spirit?!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a theory. According to FBI data, via a recent article in the Baltimore Sun our fine city is the murder capitol of the United States. I suppose dressing up as a Chocobo would draw far too much unwelcome attention to ones-self and Baltimorians don't need to give anyone more reasons to shoot them. As such, I blame our lovely Mayor, Sheila Dixon, for the lack of an amazing post today.

Please forward all complaints to:

Mayor Sheila Dixon
City Hall, Room 400
100 North Holliday Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
(410) 396-4804; fax: (410) 539-0647
e-mail: mayor@baltimorecity.gov

3 comments:

Buggys June 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

No Geeks today? Disappointing....I was waiting for something great!

Andrea June 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

I couldn't agree with you more about Ms. Dixon. Think I'll write her a letter now that I have her address!

Carrie Wells July 1, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

Remember when the genius, Sheila Dixon, stuck her hand out to shake Stevie Wonder's hand? HE'S BLIND SWEETIE! I would just like to say that you are just as much a nerd as the guys there that didn't dress up. Holla!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP