Thursday, June 18, 2009

You Suck At Life

What's up with speaker-phone?? OK, I know it serves a purpose, but I also know that it is massively abused in our society. Especially when it comes to cell phones; I mean, if you're still holding the phone up to your mouth while on speaker - then what is the point??? Can someone please explain this to me? I know one of you must know because I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't do this. And don't even get me started on push-to-talk. I firmly believe that Nextel is in bed with the Devil.


But even worse than being forced to listen to the conversations of total strangers at the bank or in the mall, is being forced to listen to someone's conversations while at work. Every office I have ever worked in has one* jack-ass that just doesn't get it. They never even bother to pick up the receiver - from the initial dial tone, to them dialing the number to the obnoxious hold music or ring-back tone of the person they are calling straight on through the entire conversation, everyone around them is forced to suffer through it. But it's not just one call its EVERY CALL EVERY DAY. Can we shoot these people? They SUCK AT LIFE!
Don't you realize that the rest of us are trying to work here too? We're trying to read something or write something or maybe even have a phone conversation of our own and your noise is not helping things. Yes, I know you need to take notes or possibly even type while you're talking - but that is why God created your shoulder; as a neat resting place for the G.D. phone!! You could even get yourself a nifty head-set. Sure, you'll look like a moron while wearing it, but only to your co-workers, who will be so overwhelmed with gratitude that you put the damn thing on, that they won't even notice how unattractive it is.

*There is generally only one of these offenders in each office because everyone else realizes how hated that person is and thus refrains from the behavior themselves.

Blue-tooth is its own animal - equally (if not more) obnoxious but in its own self-important kind of way.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  June 18, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

Amen Sister .. I was once a fan of Nextel, but as stated it is in bed with the Devil .. I put mine to rest long ago!!! You need to tell that person they suck at life and get a headset. The other way annoying thing is people who get on an elevator and have a conversation. I usually just stare holes through them with a very evil look so they feel the awkwardness! S

Buggys June 18, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

Lord are you right! I love it when people ahead of me in line are so absorbed by the stupid conversation on their phone that they hold up the line. Well beyond annoying, I think it's a punishable offense.

Andrea June 18, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

AMEN!! My boss only uses his speaker phone and it drives us all nuts. Worse yet, he calls me, in the next office, on the speaker phone! It's pissed the big boss off so much there's rumor that my boss and I are being moved. Downstairs, in the basement, no windows! (no, I'm not kidding)

Lin June 18, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

And they always have to tell the other person where they are. Did you ever notice that??!

Veronica Lee June 19, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

I agree with Lin. It's just soooo annoying!!

Carrie Wells June 22, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

My dad uses the speakerphone and talks SO loud with the phone right in front of his face. He actually screams. I get so sick of it.

Crystal Raen August 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

LOVE THIS ARTICLE, and to the previous commenter Carrie I FEEL YOUR PAIN, my dad does the same thing!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP