Tuesday, June 23, 2009

o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d

I'm not one of those people that slows down when they pass a car wreck on the road but I do understand the voyeurism involved. I suffer from it myself but I chose to do my watching from the comfort of my sofa. Mine takes a different form though; I'm a big INTERVENTION watcher from way back. If you haven't seen the show it follows people with drug and alcohol addictions, documenting a week in their lives culminating in a surprise intervention at the end of each episode. I realize some people might think you would have to be sick to watch something like this ... I'm fine with that label. Once in a while when I catch a marathon on A&E I think I, myself, might need an intervention from "intervention."


Even better - A&E came out with a new show this season called obsessed; and yes, I am obsessed with it. (Those people at A&E are so clever with their show names) Since the first episode a few weeks ago I have been wanting to blog about the show but I just don't even know where to start - it's that good. If you haven't been watching it yet then I suggest you get your ass over to hulu and catch up!
In obsessed A&E documents the lives of people with anxiety disorders and their journey through 12-weeks of therapy. Have I mentioned that I suffer from an anxiety disorder myself? You may have picked up on it back in my iatrotelephobia post but I'll make it official. About two years ago I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder and Acute Agoraphobia. Luckily with the help of a few months of therapy and a lifetime of drugs I am coping well with my disease. And let me just say on a serious note folks - mental disorders are no laughing matter. But enough about me - these people are NUTS!

I don't want to ruin it for those of you that have it saved up on your DVR's or anything but seriously - there was a lady that was so afraid to be "dirty" that she took a two hour long shower after every bowel movement. And she didn't joke around here - she had tools! I don't want to gross anyone out but I'll just say there was an enema and a toothbrush involved ... and I loved every crazy second of it!!

I'm sorry have we just turned a corner in our relationship? If you are too disturbed to ever readthebee again I understand ... but you will be missed.

For those of you still left - HOW CRAZY IS THAT BITCH??!?! Admit it - you're gonna start watching aren't you?

6 comments:

Lin June 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

I think "obsessed" might be a bit much for me, but I do have to admit to loving "Intervention". But I rarely think anyone is truly healed when I watch that show--it makes me cynical. My biggest addiction is the TLC "freak" shows like the Tree man, the big fat guys, the baby with a parasitic head (my all-time fav) and other weird maladies. LOVE that stuff!!

The Bee June 24, 2009 at 9:15 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bee June 24, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Yes! Lin I love those too. Did you ever see "The Boy Who's Skin Fell Off" it was a classic. He wasn't really a boy - he was a grown man but his skin WAS falling off. He had the most amazing sense of humor about it though. While planning his own funeral he asked for a Heinz Beans can to be carved into the side fo the casket. When asked why he said "Just so people will ask 'Why did he put a Heinz Beans can on there?'" LOVED him

Anonymous,  June 24, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Jenn --- I SO HAVE TO WATCH!!!! hmmm, maybe it will help me ... think?

S

Buggys June 24, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

I'm concerned about you. Maybe you should lay off the TV a while and just play scrabble.

The Bee June 24, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

I hate Scrabble - it pisses me off that my DUTCH husband kicks my ass.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP